Serves the campus community as a resource for issues surrounding a respectful campus environment.
In the summer of 2010 the UO Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Respectful Workplace was formed. The committee included all campus stakeholders, to make recommendations to the UO Senate regarding a campus wide cultural shift for a respectful workplace. The committee reviewed UO policies, Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), state and federal laws, and policies at other institutions of higher education. The committee chose its name in recognition of the bronze plaques located at the EMU Amphitheater with the same name.
We support the Community Standards of Affirmation: The University of Oregon community is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and the development of integrity. In order to thrive and excel, the community must preserve the freedom of thought and expression of all its members. The University of Oregon has a long and illustrious history in the area of academic freedom and freedom of speech. A culture of respect that honors the rights, safety, dignity and worth of every individual is essential to preserve such freedom. We affirm our respect for the rights and well-being of all members.
We further affirm our commitment to:
- Respect the dignity and essential worth of all individuals.
- Promote a culture of respect throughout the University community.
- Respect the privacy, property, and freedom of others.
- Reject bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation of any kind.
- Practice personal and academic integrity and expect it from others.
- Promote the diversity of opinions, ideas and backgrounds which is the lifeblood of the university.
The charge of this committee is to review university policies, practices, and consult the campus community on issues surrounding a respectful campus environment.
- 1 Faculty member
- 1 OA member
- 1 Officer of Research member
- 1 Classified Staff member
- 1 Graduate Student
- 1 Undergraduate Student
- 1 University Administration member, ex officio
Annual report during spring term of each academic year.
|TBD||- Faculty rep||2017|
|TBD||- OA rep||2017|
|TBD||- Officer of Research rep||2017|
|Theodora Ko Thompson||Admissions - Classified Staff firstname.lastname@example.org||2017|
|TBD||- Undergraduate Student||2016|
|TBD||- Graduate Student||2016|
|TBD||- University Administration rep|