The Committee on Courses shall be responsible for the University's curriculum.
The Committee on Courses shall be responsible for:
(1) Screening all proposals for course changes and reporting its recommendations to the University faculty through the Faculty Senate;
(2) Directing the University editor on the content and structure of the University Catalog;
(3) Consulting with the Undergraduate Council and the Graduate Council on curricular patterns of concern;
(4) Participating, on behalf of the University faculty, in planning the development and improvement of the instructional program of the institution;
(5) Reviewing courses not taught on a regular basis;
(6) Determining whether courses satisfy the multicultural requirement;
(7) Monitoring adherence to the approved curriculum, standards, and policies on an as-needed basis; and,
(8) Providing advice and assistance to schools and departments in the planning of the curriculum. When the committee is recessed, the chair of the committee shall have authority to approve immediate emergency requests for course changes subject to review when the committee resumes business. This authority may be delegated to the Provost in the absence of the chair.
- 7 Teaching Faculty
(No two from same dept, school or college except CAS; no more than 2 from same CAS
- 1 Undergraduate Student
- 1 Graduate Student
- Catalog Editor or designee, ex officio non-voting
- Director of Academic Advisins or designee, ex officio non-voting
- University Registrar or designee, ex officio non-voting
- Dean of the Graduate School or designee, ex officio non-voting
The Committee on Courses shall report to the University Senate in the fall, winter and spring academic terms. Each report shall be in the form of a preliminary report of curricular changes which shall be approved by the University Senate before implementation. An annual written report shall be submitted by the Committee Chair to the Senate President and Senate Executive Coordinator no later than June 1.
|Member||Unit||Contact||Term Exp June||Chair|
|Christian Cherry||Music and Dancefirstname.lastname@example.org||2019|
|Boyana Norris||Computer & Information Scienceemail@example.com||2017|
|Student - Undergraduate||2017|
|Student - Graduate||2017|
|Bill Morrill||Academic Advising firstname.lastname@example.org||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Sue Eveland||University Registraremail@example.com||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Scott Skelton||Catalog Editorfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Mike Jefferis||Asst Registrar Academic Sched (Staff)||email@example.com||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Sara Hodges||Graduate School firstname.lastname@example.org||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Ron Bramhall||Associate Vice Provost for Academic Excellenceemail@example.com||Ex Officio Non-Voting||Convener|
To email entire committee, please click here.