The Committee on Courses shall be responsible for the University's curriculum.
The Committee on Courses shall be responsible for:
(1) Screening all proposals for course changes and reporting its recommendations to the University faculty through the Faculty Senate;
(2) Directing the University editor on the content and structure of the University Catalog;
(3) Consulting with the Undergraduate Council and the Graduate Council on curricular patterns of concern;
(4) Participating, on behalf of the University faculty, in planning the development and improvement of the instructional program of the institution;
(5) Reviewing courses not taught on a regular basis;
(6) Determining whether courses satisfy the multicultural requirement;
(7) Monitoring adherence to the approved curriculum, standards, and policies on an as-needed basis; and,
(8) Providing advice and assistance to schools and departments in the planning of the curriculum. When the committee is recessed, the chair of the committee shall have authority to approve immediate emergency requests for course changes subject to review when the committee resumes business. This authority may be delegated to the Provost in the absence of the chair.
Membership of the Committee on Courses consists of 7 teaching faculty with no two from the same department, nor more than two from the same school or college, with the exception of the College of Arts and Sciences, nor no more than two from any one of the three CAS divisions of Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities; 2 students, one graduate and one undergraduate; plus the following ex officio, nonvoting members: Catalog Editor or designee, Director of Academic Advising or designee, University Registrar or designee, and Dean of the Graduate School or designee. A quorum must be present for voting. A quorum shall consist of a majority of the voting members. Per Senate motion US13/14-48, an Assistant Vice Provost of Academic Affairs shall serve as an ex officio non-voting member and Convener of the Committee on Courses.
The Committee on Courses shall report to the University Senate in the fall, winter and spring academic terms. Each report shall be in the form of a preliminary report of curricular changes which shall be approved by the University Senate before implementation. An annual written report shall be submitted by the Committee Chair to the Senate President and Senate Executive Coordinator no later than June 1.
|Member||Unit||Contact||Term Exp June||Chair|
|Christian Cherry||Music and Danceemail@example.com||2016|
|Boyana Norris||Computer & Information Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||2017|
|Austin James-Schrader||Student - Undergraduateemail@example.com||2016|
|Mae Voeun||Student - Graduatefirstname.lastname@example.org||2016|
|Bill Morrill||Academic Advising email@example.com||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Sue Eveland||University Registrarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Scott Skelton||Catalog Editoremail@example.com||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Mike Jefferis||Asst Registrar Academic Sched (Staff)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Sara Hodges||Graduate School email@example.com||Ex Officio Non-Voting|
|Ron Bramhall||Interim Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ex Officio Non-Voting||Convener|
To email entire committee, please click here.